Tuesday 13 August 2013

Thunderbeast! no More

A little over a month ago I bade farewell to Thunderbeast!, my 1996 Ford Thunderbird.  I knew it wouldn't handle the pace of 1000 kilometres a week forever, but I had hoped for 52 more weeks, plus or minus.

Truth is I could have put another couple of hundred bucks into it, after all it had been at least a month since the last repair, and again a month since the one before it.

Truth is, my ego aside, I owe it to my employer to drive a reliable vehicle that gets me to work on time.

And now the fuel economy of my Honda Civic is paying for the bi-weekly payments of ownership.  I am no more money out of pocket weekly than I was when I drove a gas thirsty beater.  Now I have air conditioning that works, a door that closes and windows that open.

And finally, FINALLY I am driving a Canadian made car.




No comments:

Post a Comment