It's hard to decide.
- Should I go with the one who plugged in my stats into a database after I wandered into her open house and now I get an email every time there's a listing that matches my criteria?
- Or should I go with the one the bank recommended who did the exact same thing and sends me the exact same emails?
Here's what I thought would happen:
- Agent would arrange a meeting with me, perhaps over coffee. I'd gladly pay.
- Agent would learn about me - my personal situation, my work situation, my family life, where I see myself in a few years, kids at home, how long to retirement, work hours, etc.
- Agent would learn my budget
- Agent would ask a whole lot of questions and learn what's important to me in a home
- Agent would suggest a few places, we'd go look at them,
- The Agent would negotiate on my behalf, fill me in on stuff I don't know, be the expert, etc.
It seems to me that nobody's selling.